Thursday 9 June 2011

I want to be a millionaire! (Part One of... Hmmmm, lets not be too hasty.. best to come back to that!)

“Doesn’t everyone” my friend says, after popping round for a cuppa and finding me with my hands stuck down the side of the settee! “Well, not everyone tries hard enough” I say. She goes to pop the kettle on whilst I move on to the arm chair, my hand is rummaging around the insides of the chair, when, I feel that cold roundness of a perfect coin “Ta da!” I yell, she comes running from the kitchen to find me with an 'I told you so' smirk on my face and the magical coin in my hand. 

“Wow!” she sarcastically states. “Pennies make pounds” I smugly reply, “They may well do” she throws back with a grin “However, THAT, is no penny... it’s a 20 coin peseta!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows you may be a peseta millionaire? Does that count??? Maybe you only have to invent a time machine to take you back so you can spend it????

Anonymous said...

Great Blog.... Man must be very happy!